- How is online marketing changing?
- What do you need to know about content marketing trends for your own business?
- What are marketing experts telling us you need to pay attention to?
You may not have a large marketing budget or staff that keeps up with these things. Before you spend your precious money, you better be sure you're heading down the road of good investment, not letting money fly out the window.
There's no question that traditional marketing has been changing at a rapid pace, given technology and social media and new tools coming up every day. How is it going to affect you and your marketing efforts?
Here's a free ebook chock full of expert predictions, offered by ClickDocs, a specialty firm supporting best practices for whitepapers and ebooks. Ambal Balakrishnan and her colleagues have produced a fabulous ebook.
I recommend you read this because:
- It's a fast read
- It's important
- It's full of tips on what's needed for good marketing
Besides, I was asked to contribute my two cents, and I'm proud to be among these content marketing experts.
Want to know what's in it, briefly?
I suggest you go to ClickDocs, read and download it.
You get access to my favorite smart marketers: Joe Pulizzi, Michael Stelzner, Ardath Albee, Stephanie Tilton, Sarah Mitchell, Rebel Brown, Michele Linn,Tom Pick, Doug Kessler, Newt Barrett, Jonathan Kranz, Seamus Walsh, and many more.
What are the big predictions, best advice?
1. Interruptive "tell and sell" tactics are a thing of the past.
2. Don't follow the crowd.
3. Get visual.
4. Grow more ears.
5. Think about engagement.
6. ROI realities emerge.
7. Don't forget the recession.
8. Scale back quantity: quality matters.
9. Understand your sales process and content marketing funnel.
10. Find the writers inside your organization. (Personality counts!)
In my own contribution, I talk about the power of personality. Businesses must get real, get personal and get closer to customers. You can't do that hiding behind corporate speak, using jargon. You can't do that using anonymous writers or content that comes out of committee.
Yet I see many bios and about pages written in the 3rd person with no real emotional connection. If you want to attract people to become buyers, they must know you, like you, trust you. How can you do that?
Get real. Let people see and get to know the people behind your products.
Here's how you can download the PDF without clicking anywhere else...